Defective Consumer Products
What Should You Do?
If you are injured because of a defective product, you should:
- Obtain names, addresses and telephone numbers of all witnesses
- Obtain all identifying information about the product
- Photograph the scene and your injuries
- Tell your physician and lawyer exactly what happened
- Consult a lawyer before answering questions from the product manufacturer or insurance company
- Do not give a tape recorded statement recorded or otherwise, without consulting a lawyer
- Record all medical and related expenses
- Obtain and keep receipts for all expenses relating to the incident.
Recoverable damages include:
- hospital and medical expenses
- lost earnings
- permanent physical disability
- damage or destruction of property
- physical pain and suffering
- loss of enjoyment of life.
Defective Device Product Recalls
Defective Device Product Recall Questions
What to do if you’re injured from a recalled product
Defective Children’s Products
Learn How To Protect Your Consumer Rights