Workers in the United States are protected by various complex laws and regulations. Unfortunately, many employees and laborers are unaware of their rights in the workplace. Because of this, some could be taken advantage of or be mistreated without realizing their potential legal actions. If you are a worker in the United States, it is essential that you understand your rights as an employee. Not only will this protect you, it will help you understand what to do in a complicated or adverse situation.
The employment attorneys at The Cochran Firm are committed to upholding the standards of excellence set by its famed founder, Johnnie L. Cochran, Jr. We are committed to getting you the money you deserve and holding your employer accountable for any wrongdoings that have caused you to suffer.
Common Legal Issues in the Workplace
There are a number of issues that can arise on the job, such as:
- Overtime Collection:Employees can be taken advantage of by distrustful employers regarding their collection of overtime.
- Hour and Wage Issues: If you believe that your employer is not following minimum wage laws, or you feel you are not receiving the money you earned for your work, consult the advice of an employment attorney.
- Unlawful Termination:Your termination may be considered unlawful depending on your state, and you could fall into a protected class.
- Harassment at Work: Whether it is your fellow employees or your employer who engages in sexual or other harassment, you have rights.
- Workplace Violence: All workers have the right to a safe workplace, but violence does happen. A qualified employment lawyer can help you get the justice you deserve.
Areas of Employment Law
At The Cochran Firm, our experienced employment attorneys acknowledge the stress of work-related issues. Our lawyers will carefully examine all aspects of your case and help you decide the best course of action. Some areas of employment law where we can help protect your rights include:
- Wrongful termination or demotion
- Sexual harassment
- Disability discrimination
- Discrimination based on gender, race or religion
- Pregnancy Discrimination
- Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA)
- Age discrimination
- Retaliation and whistle blowing
- Discrimination based on military service (USERRA)
- Overtime pay claims
- Meal and rest break claims
If you are an employee in search of representation, please contact the qualified employment attorneys at The Cochran Firm today. Serving clients nationwide, our law firm can help you get the money and justice you deserve.
The attorneys with The Cochran Firm have extensive experience in trying personal injury cases in states across the country. The results obtained in numerous cases have made a significant impact on clients’ lives, communities and industry practices. We have highlighted some of the remarkable case results on the Results & Verdicts pages of our website. The facts and circumstances of your case may be different and must be evaluated on its own merit. The case results on these pages represent the full award of the case before expenses and fees were deducted.