Las Vegas Attorney
Phone Number: (702) 450-5400
Fax: (702) 450-5451
Considered by his peers as one of the most successful, innovative and feared trial lawyers in Nevada, Robert Eglet has the distinction of being the firm’s most experienced trial counsel and he also heads the trial team at his firm Eglet Prince, in Las Vegas, Nevada. The numerous honors and awards he has received throughout his career are just a sampling of the reasons why Eglet Prince’s Senior Partner, Robert Eglet, is the most respected and sought after trial attorney in Nevada. A testament to this is that Robert receives referrals from hundreds of attorneys from around the United States to try their cases for them.
A resident of Nevada since childhood, Robert graduated from Western High School in Las Vegas after which he went on to earn a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics, with Honors, from The University of Nevada. He then went on to receive his law degree from the University of Pacific, McGeorge School of Law where he graduated in the top 10% of his class. Robert is also a graduate of University of California, Hastings College of the Law Trial Advocacy Program and the National College of Trial Advocacy.
After completing his legal education, Robert returned to Las Vegas joining one of Nevada’s oldest and most prestigious law firms where he spent the next four years developing his skills as a trial lawyer. Shortly thereafter, Robert started his own law firm specializing in defending personal injury, insurance bad faith, and wrongful death cases. Over the next decade Robert successfully built his firm from two to twelve attorneys, becoming one of the most respected defense firms in Nevada. At the same time, Robert continued to try countless cases.
In 2000, Robert sold his defense practice and began a partnership with Randy Mainor and his four partners. He specialized in representing the significantly injured, victims of product defects and defective drugs, commercial trucking accidents, insurance bad faith, and wrongful death clients, quickly distinguishing himself as one of Nevada’s preeminent trial lawyers.
Mr. Eglet’s skills when trying serious injury and wrongful death cases has resulted in one multi-million dollar verdict after another. To date, Robert has the three largest personal injury verdicts and more multi-million dollar verdicts than any trial attorney in Nevada history. He also has achieved the largest personal injury verdict in America in 2010 ($505 million) and 2013 ($524 million), the 4th largest personal injury verdict in America in 2011 ($186.2 million) and is currently the only lawyer to ever have the largest personal injury verdict in America twice, 2 verdicts in the Top 5 in America in two consecutive years and 3 verdicts in the Top 5 in America three out of four consecutive years. To add to that Robert has had 4 Top 40 verdicts in America within the past 6 years, more than $1.5 billion dollars in verdicts and settlements in the past 10 years and 31 verdicts in excess of a million dollars.
Robert’s exceptional achievements as a trial lawyer has earned him membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Trial Lawyer and Lawyer of the Year awards both nationally and locally among other elite awards including an “AV” rating from Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest rating that an attorney can achieve. The “AV” ratings are bestowed upon attorneys who demonstrate preeminent legal liability coupled with exceptional ethical standards. Only a small percentage of attorneys reach this pinnacle rating by their peers. Robert obtained his “AV” rating after only 14 years of practice.
Other Honors and Awards:
- Named one of the Top Lawyers 2014 by Desert Companion (October 2014 issue)
- Named Trial Lawyer of the Year by the National Trial Lawyers Association
- January 2014 National Lawyer of the Year in 2010, by Lawyers USA
- Trial Lawyer of the Year in 2005 and 2012 by the Nevada Justice Association
- Only lawyer to ever be named Trial Lawyer of the Year twice by the NJA Member of The Round Table
- The 100 Most Influential Trial Lawyers in America
- Honored as one of The Top 100 Trial Lawyers for the Past 6 Years by The National Trial Lawyers Association
Honors and Awards
- Honored by the Association of Plaintiffs’ Trial Lawyers of America with the Clarence Darrow Award
- Certified by the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- The only attorney in Nevada to be named as one of the 500 Leading Lawyers in America for four consecutive years
- Recipient of the Badger Award, the Nevada Justice Association’s most honored award
- The highest possible rating from the Martindale-Hubbell® Law Directory (AV) and inclusion in the Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers, The Definitive Guide to America’s Leading Lawyers
- Named as both a Nevada and Mountain States Super Lawyer
- Honored as a Pillar Of Justice by the Nevada Justice Association – an award given to attorneys who support the work of NTLA and its fiscal soundness and prosperity
- Only the 5th attorney in Nevada to be named as a Benefactor by the Nevada Law Foundation
- Honored as one of the Elite Lawyers of America Recipient of the 2013 Thurgood Marshall Fighting for Justice award for his tenacious effort, against overwhelming odds, in achieving success in the fight for justice
- Lead Trial Counsel in over a hundred civil jury trials with only 3 losses; an astounding 97% case-winning percentage in trial
Robert is a past President of The Nevada Trial Lawyers Association and served on its Board of Directors for three years. Robert Eglet is the past Vice-Chairman of the Nevada Law Foundation where he served as a member of the Board of Trustees for 6 years. He is on the Executive Committee for The National Trial Lawyers Association and is a member of the Board of Trustees for the Nevada Access to Justice Commission. Robert also serves on the National Advisory Board of the Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America and is their Regional Director for Nevada, Utah, Arizona, and Colorado. Robert is a sustaining member, a Pillar of Justice and a Guardian of Justice of the Nevada Justice Association.
When Robert is not pursuing the rights of injured victims and victims of negligence, he and his wife Tracy Eglet, also a partner at Eglet Prince, split their time between their three grown children and the charitable organizations they support in their community.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Defective Pharmaceutical Drugs
- Wrongful Death Insurance
- Bad Faith
- Commercial Trucking Accidents
- U.S. District Court District of Nevada
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Executive Committee for the National Trial Lawyers Association
- The Nevada Trial Lawyers Association, Past President
- The Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America (APITLA), National Advisory Board Member
- Nevada Law Foundation, Past Vice-Chairman
- American Association for Justice, Presidents Club Member
- Nevada Access to Justice Commission, Board of Trustees
- Regional Director of Litigation for APITLA for Nevada, Utah, Arizona and Colorado
- Nevada Justice Association, Sustaining Member
- American Society of Legal Advocates (ASLA), Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Member
- Rue Ratings’ Best Attorneys of America, Best Attorney Lifetime Charter Member