Toll Free: (504) 309-5007
Fax: (866) 599-0022
Offices: Metairie, and New Orleans
Mr. Chanez graduated from Tulane University in New Orleans in 2005 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science. While at Tulane, Mr. Chanez was a member of the Alpha Sigma Lambda Honor Society, Pi SIgma Alpha Honor Association and the Pi Alpha Beta Nation History Honor Society. He attended Loyola University New Orleans College of Law where he graduated with Honors in May 2009. In law school Mr. Chanez achieved recognition with the following Honors and Law Journals:
- Loyola Law and Technology Annual, Managing Editor
- Loyola Journal of Public Interest Law, Member
- Loyola Journal of Public Interest Law, Editorial Board Award
- Frank Deutschmann Award Recipient Highest Grade in Insurance Law
- Police Jury Association Award Recipient – Highest Grade in Real Estate Transactions
- Law Excellence Award Recipient – Highest Grade in International Energy Law
- Anzelmo-Steward Scholarship Recipient.
Mr Chanez received a masters of law, Latin Legum Magister (LLM) with Merit Honors in 2010 from Queen Mary University, London, United Kingdom. His specialization was Antitrust law. His dissertation title was “Un-caging the Jaguar: An Analysis of Regional Competition Agreements within the Americas.”
Mr. Chanez is admitted to practice law before the Louisiana Supreme Court and all Louisiana State District and Appellate Courts. He is also registered for the QLTS examination ifor England and Wales in the United Kingdom.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Chanez has focused his practice primarily in the area of Medical Malpractice. Mr Chanez also practices in the areas of Automobile Accidents, Products Liability, Premises Liability and Maritime Law.
Mr. Chanez has the following publications:
- Towards the Creation of a Federal Value Policy Law, 10 LOY. J. PUB. INT. L. 111 (Fall 2008)
- Why the Rule of Law Matters, Louisiana Rule of Law Conference, May 1, 2008
- A Liberation Theology Approach to Latin American Competition Policy, Global Antitrust Review
- The Interdisciplinary Centre for Competition Law and Policy, Global Antitrust Review, Editor.
Mr. Chanez is fluent in English, Spanish and is learning legal French.
Organizations and Affiliations
Mr. Chanez is a member of the following organizations:
- Hispanic National Bar Association, 2011 Mid-Year Corporate Counsel Conference Co-Chair
- Hispanic Lawyers Association of Louisiana, Legislative Advocacy Committee Chair
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Louisiana, Member
- Advocates for Development, Member.